Saturday, March 7, 2015

Wow — it's hard to believe that a week from today our AB team will be arriving in Bland, Virginia, for our week of spring break service-learning! We are so excited for this adventure, and we look forward to getting to know the community.

We'll be updating the blog in the coming week with participant introductions and bios — so stay tuned!

In the mean time, meet the student experience leaders:

Chidi Nwaneri (left): I am a senior Communication major and International Development minor from Hyattsville, Maryland. One fun fact about me is that my middle name is “Love” (literally, it’s spelled that way). I love blogging on Tumblr, blasting music loudly, and eating Chipotle. In spring 2012, I was a team member of the AB Atlanta trip focusing on hunger and homelessness, and I am excited to be joining AB again as an EL. 

Karen Mawdsley (right): I am a senior multi-platform journalism major with a Spanish minor, and this is my second AB experience. Last spring, I went on the trip to Atlanta focused on socioeconomic equity, and I am so excited to come back this year as an experience leader! I’m from Frederick, Maryland, but I also grew up in London and the San Francisco Bay Area. I love being outside and hanging out with my dog (and cat). I’m also an avid consumer of Netflix, my latest project being Friends.




We'll also be joined by an awesome staff advisor and AB alumna, Meenu Singh, who graduated from the University of Maryland in May 2014 with a degree in civil engineering and now works as an Innovation Specialist at the Academy for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at the University of Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment